Latest ALTF News
29th May 2017
- Resources for Practice: New case studies, advice for getting started, 4 ‘how-to’ guides
- Research from Practice: Australian Stories of Partnership special issue published + Issue 1 of International Journal for Students as Partners available
- Events: 2017 National Roundtable Date announced! + many more events
- Featured Work: Spotlight on selected research, case studies, & blog posts
- Reflections: Linking ‘student voice’ & ‘students as partners’; student reflections on partnership
Read full newsletter here
15th April 2017
The International Collaborative Writing Groups (ICWG) initiative created a space for ongoing collaboration amongst scholars of teaching and learning—including both students and staff. The second ICWG, linked to the 2015 International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference in Melbourne, Australia, involved 59 scholars from 11 countries and resulted in 6 co-authored manuscripts published in the latest issue of Teaching & Learning Inquiry. ALTC Fellow Kelly Matthews co-led this exciting initiative with Mick Healey, who described the 18-month long ICWG process as quite the roller coaster ride! The 6 articles cover topics of relevance to us all (and all with Australia scholars as co-authors): harnessing technology in eAssessment; credibility of teaching-focussed academics; deeper pedagogcial thinking for ‘flipped classrooms’; meta-cognition for transfer of learning; inclusive practices that transcend institutional cultures; and student voice in work-integrated learning. Read more here.
29th March 2017
Starting a new conversation- towards a national framework for student partnership in university decision making – Professor Sally Varnham, National Senior Teaching Fellow
Sally’s Fellowship is entitled Creating a National Framework for Student Partnership in University Decision-making and Governance. During 2017 the Fellowship is undertaking a sector-wide collaboration to develop an agreed set of principles, a framework for student engagement and ultimately toolkits to assist universities in the implementation of these principles. Sally will be coming soon to ‘a place near you’ so please take note of the workshop details listed below.