The International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF)
13th January 2016
**UPDATE Friday January 13 – IFNTF World Summit have extended the deadline for abstracts to January 31, 2017. **
The International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF) will hold its first World Summit in Birmingham, UK at the Radisson Blu hotel. The theme of the Summit is “Defining Teaching Excellence within the Disciplines.” An international panel of educators from Canada, U.S., U.K., New Zealand, and Australia will address this theme.
The Summit will include panel discussions and papers and break out focused task groups. A call for 25-minute papers on the theme of “Defining Teaching Excellence within the Disciplines” has been issued. The conference is open to all members of the IFNTF (membership can be purchased with conference registration, with a discount on the Summit fee for all IFNTF full members). The event is open to all National Teaching Fellows. The IFNTF annual full membership fee for all National Teaching Fellows is £50.00.
Registration is now live. Visit the website to register or to review programme & call for papers information. http://www.ifntf.org/worldsummit
The Summit registration will commence Thursday evening when there will be an opening reception. There will be two full days of Summit activities (Friday and Saturday) including a Summit dinner on the Friday evening.
Conference registration costs*
|Join IFNTF at time of registration||£260|
* Includes costs of registration; refreshments during the day including unlimited tea and coffee and lunch on 17th and 18th; summit evening meal 17th February.
The International Federation of National Teaching Fellows has been established this year as an independent not-for-profit group of national teaching fellow award-winners from around the world. The IFNTF mission is to bring together award-winning teachers from different countries for the global advancement of excellence in learning and teaching in higher education. Its key aims are:
- to foster international collaboration between post-secondary teachers on projects and initiatives
- to advocate for the importance of excellence in teaching in tertiary education
- to develop innovative evidence-based pedagogy and related scholarship and research
- to recognize excellence in teaching worldwide
- to bring together outstanding students as IFNTF International Student Fellows
- to work collaboratively with teaching and learning organisations and societies
- to host an annual international symposium bringing colleagues together from around the world
- to support Fellows to develop regional and national strategies aligned with the aims of the organization
[dg order=”DESC” order=”DESC” attachment_pg=”false” paginate=”true” ids=”1069,1072″]