International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF) World Summit
13th January 2017
Papers can be theoretical, conceptual, and or empirical. Papers should be related to the key theme of the conference and the key task areas: Learning Gain/ Impact, High Impact Pedagogies and Student Engagement, What constitutes quality within the Disciplines, A special issue of the Higher Education Pedagogies Journal will feature selected papers from the conference.
Abstracts should be approximately 250 words in length excluding references.
If you have submitted an abstract already, you should receive confirmation by 17 January at the latest. If you are submitting for the 31 January. Confirmation will be sent by 3 February at the latest. Preferential room rates are available at the Radisson Blu at £129 per night including breakfast if you quote IFNTF but you need to book asap for these rates. Information on other accommodation options is available on the website.
The registration form for the conference is attached and also available online. Please send to email@example.com
Payment methods are outlined on the website at http://www.ifntf.org/worldsummit
Any questions, please email Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Federation of National Teaching Fellows (IFNTF) will hold its first World Summit in Birmingham, UK at the Radisson Blu hotel and the event is sponsored by Ede and Ravenscroft. The theme of the Summit is “Defining Teaching Excellence within the Disciplines.” An international panel of educators from Canada, U.S., U.K., New Zealand, and Australia will address this important theme as part of our key projects agenda.
The Summit will include panel discussions and papers and break out focused task groups. A call for 25-minute papers on the theme of “Defining Teaching Excellence within the Disciplines” will be issued shortly. The conference is open to all members of the IFNTF (membership can be purchased with conference registration, with a discount on the Summit fee for all IFNTF full members). The event is open to all NTFs. The IFNTF annual full membership fee for all NTFs is £50.00. Information on IFNTF membership application and payment will be confirmed soon.
The Summit registration will commence Thursday evening when we will have an opening reception. There will be two full days of Summit activities (Friday and Saturday) including a Summit dinner on the Friday evening.
Conference registration costs*
Join IFNTF at time of registration
* Includes costs of registration; refreshments during the day including unlimited tea and coffee and lunch on 17th and 18th; summit evening meal 17th February.
Founded in 2016, the International Federation of National Teaching Fellows is an independent not-for-profit group of national teaching fellow award-winners from around the globe. The IFNTF mission is to bring together award-winning teachers from across the world for the global advancement of excellence in learning and teaching in higher education. Our key aims are:
– to foster international collaboration between post-secondary teachers on projects and initiatives
– to advocate for the importance of excellence in teaching in higher education
– to develop innovative evidence-based pedagogy and related scholarship and research
– to recognize excellence in teaching worldwide
– to bring together outstanding students as IFNTF International Student Fellows
– to work collaboratively with teaching and learning organisations and societies
– to host an annual international symposium bringing colleagues together from around the world
– to support IFNTFs to develop regional and national strategies aligned with the aims of the organization
Join us in Birmingham for our first international Summit. Our website, with details of travel, registration, and membership, is coming soon. Email: email@example.com
IFNTF membership 2016/2017
IFNTF Life membership